The Business and Professional Women’s Utah Foundation was organized in 1989 as a non-profit 501(c)3 IRS qualified charity exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes. Over the years the Foundation has primarily focused on issuing scholarships
The scholarships mainly assist women who are attempting to further or complete their education in order to enter or return to the workforce, oftentimes while trying to support their families. These scholarships are not solely limited to women, but are open to anyone who qualifies.
Since 1989 we have provided more than130 scholarships. This means that people have had a chance to progress toward their dream of continuing their education or training. Last year we awarded a total of $35,000.00.
As a public operating and grant-making foundation, we depend on your tax-deductible contributions.
We also acknowledge and thank the following for their in-kind donations:
- X Mission for hosting our web site,
- Robert Beaudoin for maintaining our web site
And thank you to John and Margaret Hallgren, our financial advisors
BPW/Utah Foundation Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees consists of 11 volunteers who serve for two years with the opportunity to serve an additional consecutive two-year term. Since our Trustees and many of our support services (e.g. web site support) volunteer their services our expenses are minimal, for example our post office box, credit card, and bonding.
- Anne Smith, President/Scholarship Committee
- Stacey Oliveto Vice President/Finance Committee
- Breda Koga, Secretary/Finance Committee
- Sonja Penttila, Treasurer/Finance Committee
- Margaret Reed, Finance Chair
- Dianne Stewart, Scholarship Chair
- Jennifer Kennedy, Scholarship Committee
- Maureen James, Scholarship Committee
- Gigi Arrington, Scholarship Committee
- Linda Baker, Finance Committee
- Alison McCoy, Finance Committee